There are a variety of internship opportunites at the Library Arts Center for area youth–middle school through college-aged students. Internship duties will be matched to a student’s age and areas of interest. Internship opportunities are more widely available during the summer months, but some positions are available during the school year, as well. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
A desirable intern candidate would be:
- interested in: art, arts education, or learning how our gallery & studio facilities are run
- highly motivated
- willing to do a variety of tasks, as needed.
Currently, Library Arts Center internships are unpaid positions.
The Library Arts Center seeks interested students (middle school through college) for the following intern positions:
- Office/Administrative Intern — duties include: event prep, mailings, answering phones, attending the gallery (while other LAC staff is on the premises)
- Studio Intern– duties include: assisting art teachers in studio classes, preparing materials & setting up/cleaning up for art classes, light studio cleaning
- Maintenance/Facility Intern — duties include: organizing & preparing of supplies for events and storage, light cleaning, event set-up & take-down
**For students considering a career in the arts or arts education, or those who are interested in the inner workings of gallery or studio programming, additional opportunities may be available. Please inquire.
Interested applicants should fill out the application form. A letter of interest is also recommended, and may be submitted seperately. Applications will be reviewed by Arts Center staff, and candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Download the Internship Application.
For more information about internship opportunities, please call the Library Arts Center at 603-863-3040.